Passionate about your learning
At iWise2 we are passionate about supporting your business learning and providing practical tools to help you:
- build your leadership and management skills,
- improve your performance,
- deliver effective change and
- move ahead in your career.
We do this in bite sized chunks that are easily digestible and show you HOW to use management and leadership tools and techniques.
Today's organisation's are under pressure to reduce costs and increase the pace of change. At the same time, their people need to deliver more with less, become increasingly agile and able to cope and thrive in an environment of constant change.
As organisations reduce costs, this tends to include reducing their investment in people, and the depth, quality and degree of management training they can provide. It is being left up to individuals more and more to identify their own professional and leadership development.
Our mission is to use our six decades of experience leading large operations, transformational and cultural change, offshore and onshore contact centres and sales and marketing functions to help students, team leaders, managers, leaders and change professionals take control and direct their own professional, leadership and career development.
A little more about us
The idea of iWise2 was conceived 20 years ago and was founded by Beverley and Martin Thomas in 2010 when we could finally dedicate ourselves to sharing our expertise and experience together with other experts to provide a growing and interactive resource centre to help build leadership, management, change and career skills.
Martin M Thomas - Founder and Partner
I am a MBA board level Director, with over 37 years experience leading large sales and customer service operations, transformational change, performance improvement and process excellence.
I have been the leader of business units numbering from several hundred people to many thousands spread over different continents.
I have delivered award winning and industry leading cost reduction, revenue and profit growth, customer service and people engagement.
I have held Director and senior leadership roles in Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, Contact Centres, Operations, Change Management, Quality, and Service Delivery including accountability for Human Resources and Finance across service and manufacturing industries. I have many years’ experience as a qualified quality trainer and facilitator.
My industry experience spans blue-chip organisations in Financial Services, Energy, Commercial Television, Outsourced Contact Centres, Telecommunications, Chemicals, Fertilisers and Explosives manufacturing and distribution.
I speak at many conferences and guest presentations to senior managers inside organisations on leadership, change quality and business performance improvement.
I have a Masters Degree in Leadership and Management (MLM) (now re-titled Master of Business Leadership) from Curtin University, Graduate School of Business, Perth, Western Australia one of Australia's longest running and most prestigious executive leadership courses often entered by senior executives after completing their MBA. The MBL is run alongside the internationally ranked MBA.
Beverley Thomas - Founder and Partner
Learn about my career and experience through my Linked In profile.
I am an experienced Business Transformation Manager with over twenty years’ experience running complex, organisation-wide, business critical change programmes across Financial Services, Retail Banking, Insurance, Local Government, Commercial Television, and the Oil and Chemicals’ industries. I have held Senior Line Management positions within blue chip organisations.
I have successfully led major improvement initiatives in cultural change, customer service, supply chain, people management, process improvement, waste elimination and major technology system changes.
I have worked with and facilitated Board level strategic planning sessions and worked with senior management in developing their Leadership and Capital Stewardship Skills.
I have worked extensively with individual people coaching and mentoring them to achieve their goals personally and professionally. I have spoken at conferences on Organisational Change and Capital Stewardship that embeds and drives the organisation as one.
My experience in the field makes me a valuable mentor to the next generation of change leaders.
I studied Accounting and Corporate Administration at Curtin University in Western Australia. I am a fully trained CSOC (Capital Stewardship and Organisational Capability) and CPDEP Supreme Champion from the CALTEX - Chevron organisational change leadership programme. I have used and have been trained in numerous programme and project methodologies.
Some of the companies we have worked for and supported in our careers:
We are passionate about:
- supporting your business learning
- providing practical 'how to' tools based on decades of experience
- bringing you key messages, models and important theory and thinking
- delivering coaching support and interactive learning
- providing easy, one-stop, distilled and bite-sized resources
- in easy to use presentations ranging from blogs through podcasts to videos
- using on-line, 24x7 always at hand, web-based and mobile technologies
- helping you improve your leadership, management and change career skills
in order for you to:
- learn and refresh your knowledge base and skills
- improve your performance
- deliver effective change and
- move your career ahead and get the edge
When you have confidence in your knowledge you will feel happier at work and increase your career potential.
What drives us
Our decades of leadership experience across a wide range of industries and countries constantly presented us with key underlying themes:
- individuals time poor with increasing pressures
- hard to achieve balance in the need to learn versus the need to do
- people being asked to deliver more with less!
- budget restraints cutting back on learning opportunities
- training reserved for the 'few' or not available
- training delivered but no chance to refresh and no time to revisit
- little support post first learning experiences
- hard to keep all the learning materials on tap for when you need them
- hard to remember all the techniques you have learned
- increasing change all around us, ever faster and more complex
- few experienced managers able to support and help you and your career
- individuals required to take ownership of their own development to move their career forward
- work to live versus live to work
- time consuming to learn
- costly to learn
- Fear of failure in front of colleagues and peers
We created iWise2 to eliminate the barriers and difficulties that stop people from learning and improving themselves and their lives and careers.
Why are we different?
We are different.
- we are line leaders who have decades of experience and the scars to show it.
- we are line leaders who have come up to Director positions from the ground up.
- we have decades of leading thousands of people to successful performance and through major change.
- we have taken the knowledge and experience acquired over the years, underpinned it with theory and created the HOW of management and leadership for you to use.
We give you:
- one-stop shop, 24x7, library of 550+ tools, techniques, articles and resources
- trusted information based on key management theory and practical experience
- key message presentation that distill large volumes into what you really need to know
- hundreds of downloads for your convenience in a variety of presentation forms.
- access to learn and refresh at your pace, when you want to, when you can
- time to learn without fear of failure
- time to live your life and not spend it searching for information
- cost effective knowledge and help
- most importantly,
- we save you masses of time searching and searching the web, click after click trying to find sites you can access and can trust.
- we bring you this for the incredibly low price of the equivalent of one take-away coffee per week
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
Try us for just £1 for the first 14 days and receive an instantly downloadable FREE copy of our Leading Effective Teams eBook retailing in paperback at Amazon.com US$21.00 and Amazon.co.uk for £13.00.